Monday, February 21, 2011

Curtain Make Over: Ruffled Kitchen Curtain

My kitchen curtain was from a friend’s old rental houses. At this point in the game free is good but it definitely needed a little make over.
Here is the before and after.

How Did I Do It??

1.       Layout one side of the curtain pair. Use the other side to roughly guess the size of the ruffles and how far down it will need to go to fill your window. (Mine could have been placed a little lower but  it worked out alright because I have to have some fabric to tuck behind the counter.)
2.       Cut out each ruffle strip and pin them on. (I hemmed after I sewed the ruffles on. It may be easier to hem the bottom edges and then sew the ruffles on to the curtain.
To make the ruffles I folded the fabric at the top and pinned it so I could sew it down.

3.       Once all but the top ruffles are sewn down its time for the top ruffle. This one should be hemmed at the top and bottom because both will show. After folding over the “back” curtain so there was a hole for the curtain rod to go through I pinned on the ruffle just high enough so it would stand up above the top.  

4.       Clean up any stray strings and you’re done!


 Best Christmas gift this year and possibly ever...!


Thanks mom and dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...