Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dance Accessories

Last month my dance students performed in their year end recital. To a little extra to their costumes I made a few accessories.


For my 5 and 6 year olds I made shoe bows to be pinned to their shoe elastic. Their song was On The Good Ship Lollipop and they had a red, white, and blue costume. To make these bows I used three piece of ribbon, made a loop out of each piece then overlapped the three ribbons and glued them down in the center. Then I added three rhinestones to each for a little sparkle!


My 3 and 4 year olds danced to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. They had pink and mauve costumes, so I made little bows to be pinned to their shoes. These were made with two pieces of ribbon one smaller than the other. then I looped each piece and glued the shorter one on top and added a rhinestone for sparkle.


For my 9 and 10 year olds they danced to Red Robin. Their costume was sequined dress with a feather skirt. The feather head piece came with the costume so I added the mini veil to the feathers so their would be sparkle at in their hair. They are a bit old for shoe bows so I skipped those.


As you can see sparkle is very important when it come to a dance recital :)
All my classes did very well and everyone had a great time. It was a very successful recital!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...